This page contains various software distributed by Maximal Software. Please
note that all the software downloads on this page need a specific license key
to work. If you either have purchased MPL directly from Maximal Software,
or have applied to join the free MPL Academic Program,
or the MPL Free Development Program, you are in the right place.
If you are looking instead to download the free limited-size student/trial version of MPL,
please go to our download page.
Previous releases of MPL can also be downloaded:
- MPL 5.0.5 (126.96.36.199) - December 20, 2016
- MPL 5.0.4 (188.8.131.52) - May 27th, 2016
- MPL 5.0.3 (184.108.40.206) - January 24th, 2016
- MPL 5.0.2 (220.127.116.11) - October 28th, 2015
- MPL 5.0.1 (18.104.22.168) - September 18th, 2015
- MPL 5.0.0 (22.214.171.124) - June 24th, 2015
- MPL 4.2q (126.96.36.199) - June 24th, 2015 (MPL 4.2q is binary compatible with release 5.0.0)
- MPL 4.2p (188.8.131.52) - January 17th, 2015
- MPL 4.2p (184.108.40.206) - July 10th, 2014
- MPL 4.2p (220.127.116.11) - March 27th, 2014
- MPL 4.2n (18.104.22.168) - February 13th, 2014
Step 1. Download the Software
Please select which file for MPL you want and then click on the
name of the file to download it.
If you are asked whether you want to save the file, choose to save it to your hard-disk.
Please note the location, where you are saving it, since you are going to need it when
you install the software.
Please note that for 32-bit Windows, you can only run the 32-bit version
of MPL. If you are installing on a machine with 64-bit Windows,
you have a choice whether to install the 32-bit or the 64-bit version of MPL.
The main benefit of running the 64-bit version, is that the solver can then
utilize more than 2GB of memory to solve larger problems.
Please note that if you are running the 64-bit version, all other software
MPL connects to, including data sources, solvers, and calling applications,
must then also be 64-bit.
If you wish, you can install both 32-bit and 64-bit MPL on the same machine.
The license you will receive from Maximal Software will automatically work
with both, and we provide batch scripts that make it very easy to switch
between the two versions.
Step 2. Install the MPL Software
- Before installing the new version of MPL, please uninstall first any previous
versions you have already installed. Then double-click on the *.msi
file you downloaded, and follow the prompts.
Step 3. Activating the MPL license
- To start using the MPL software you will need to receive a license from Maximal Software.
Please run the Maximal License Manager program from the
Start | Programs | MPL for Windows 5.0 menu and email the resulting HostInfo
codes, along with your reference (SerialNr, Purchase Order, etc.) and name/contact
information for the End-user back to Maximal Software at email@example.com.
We will then send you back the license code, which you the activate on your machine
using the Maximal License Manager program again. If you do not receive an
email within 1-2 business days (most are sent within 24 hours), please check with
us directly to see if we did in fact receive the license-request email.
If you have any problems with either downloading or installing MPL,
please check the Technical Support (FAQ) page that
contains answers to the most common questions that we have received. You can also
always contact us directly at:
Maximal Software, Inc.
2111 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 700
Arlington, VA 22201
Tel: (703) 522-7900
Fax: (703) 522-7902